Took some rookie friends out for a sunset cruise.  Left the launch at 7pm ran the crowded river and were met with 10-15 sustained out of the NW and 2-4 foot chop.  Mostly 2's with the occasional 3-4 foot trios.  So much for a relaxing hour of fishing.  Beat our way out to 180 and decided that was far enough.  Turned our ass to the wind and started headed SE. 

Setting line #6 the 3 color with coho candy goes off.  My friend lands her first ever big lake fish.  Cookie cutter 3lb ho

Tried to get her to kiss the fish but this was as close as she would get

13267923_10209037238671183_4622109031770

Next came a shaker on a wrecking ball on a slide diver 130 out

Had a free slider bite on mixed veggie on a rigger 45 down.  Rod was absolutely hammering.  Grabbed the rod and felt all kinds of weight.  Turned around with a huge smile on my face saying this is a BIG fish.  Start to hand it back to my buddy and the rod rockets out of my hands and into the drink.  I guess the look on my face was priceless:lol:  In 17 years of fishing the big lake this is the first time that ever happened to me.  Bring the rigger up and low and behold the line is still in the release.  So I turn around and say watch this.  Well I was thinking I was going to handline in a fish and a rod and reel but the fish was gone.  My friends were laughing for the next 30 minutes over that one.  Figure it was a big king or steely on the slider that took a quick run as I was handing the rod back.  Chamberlain release was set pretty tight so instead of releasing it pulled the rod out of my hand. 

Took another shaker on a reg size flounder pounder on a 150 cu.  No hits after the sun started hitting the water.

Hits were between 175 and 160 fow straight out.  Surface was 52.  Pretty fun for about an hour of fishing in bumpy conditions

• Like 1