Beware of charter scams.

Recently I recieved 2 charter requests from Scottland. Each only a week apart. Now, I've taken people from Russia, England and even Israel on fishing charters, so getting a request from Scotland didn't really throw up any red flags. Both requests asked for a 4 day charter and asked to pay for the whole trip with credit card. I replied and requested they pay only for the deposits for the days requested, and to do so with check or money order. Well, there was no further correspondence from them. I asked my web master to look into this and heres his reply to me. Just a heads up for you guys.

Hi Dan,

This was a tough one, anyway, yes on the scam. I traced the e-mail back to Marina del Rey, CA which could be a substation for yahoo, but the email does not come from the UK it comes from Marina, Lagos which is a territory of Portugal. Larry

I don't accept credit cards either, and have no plans to do so. I'm not about to give away part of my hard earned money to some bank for the right to accept payment. I'm a happy ex-bank VP...don't get me started on how greedy the whole industry is...it's pretty disgusting to be truthful.

I got the same scam several times over the winter and knew what it was. I always replied that I was more than willing to accept cash!!

Hey guys, there is one more step to the scam. I got the same e-mail. I told them I'd be more than happy to book the trip. When I did so, the next e-mail they wanted me to charge 4,000 more than my rates, and send their "booking agent" the 4 grand via western union. I responed by deleting the e-mail :no: .

Hey guys, there is one more step to the scam. I got the same e-mail. I told them I'd be more than happy to book the trip. When I did so, the next e-mail they wanted me to charge 4,000 more than my rates, and send their "booking agent" the 4 grand via western union. I responed by deleting the e-mail :no: .

Could anybody that stupid even pass the Captains License exam?:grin:

I had the same scam tried on me. I didnt respond back to them becasue I was warned prior to getting the e-mail. I dont take credit cards at this time, but I do have Pay Pal. From some of the people I talk to, especially corporate people looking to take out clients, you need to acept credit cards (especially AMEX).

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the last one I got 4 days ago. Hope Gary Roach don't get to upset about me being called Mr. Walleye. Imagine, an Auditor General with a Yahoo address. To corny. :no:

Dear Mr WALLEYE

I am contacting you individually for a business transaction involving GBP £30 Million and I hope that you will contact me at your earliest convenient for this possible business transaction.

I am the Auditor General, and Chairman, Audit Committee of Bank of Scotland, with your sincere assistant and co-operation,I have determined to work this deal with you if you can do the business.

At the moment,I am constrained to issue more details about this business until your positive response is received.

Please take a moment of your time schedules to read this and send your response or better call me with this mobile number : +44 704 57 06187 for further information concerning this transaction.

I assure you that this deal is worth taking and highly profitable.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Yours truly,

Mr. jim mark,

Auditor General,

Bank Of Scotland Plc.

Tel: +44 704 57 06187

Email: [email protected]