7/10/15 Linwood Shakedown

This isn't much of a report and is really late but thought I would throw it out here anyway. 2nd year in a row I haven't gotten the boat in the water until July. That's getting to be a bad habit. Left the house at the crack of 9am and got to LBM about 9:30. Hopped out of the truck to set up and when I went to grab something realized the truck was locked with the keys in it. Not a good start. Finally launched after the tow truck unlocked us and ran straight out to 25' of water outside the pack of boats. Had my father in law who doesn't fish and my 4 year old son Parker on board. It was Parker's first real fishing trip so the expectations were very low. Parker helped me set every rod as we trolled north. Then he insisted that we check all of them, twice. An hour after setting up he decided it was time to go home. So we pulled lines and I let him drive the boat in. We ran 3 oz. bottom bouncers on the boards and 4 oz. on the down rods. I'm going to have to buy bigger bags or a trolling plate because I couldn't get below 2 mph. With the move to Midland and Parker's short attention span I plan to spend more time chasing walleye and less time on the west side the next few years. Oh yeah, we were 0/0:D. But the boat ran fine and Parker thought fishing was fun so it was a good trip.

You know the saying, 'That's why they call it fishing, not catching' :D

I had one skunk trip this year, and took my brother and nephew out with only 2 small 'eyes to show for 4 hours of fishing.

Gotta love that Bay!

Thanks for the post.