Fished 6:30-9pm

3/4, one king 13.6#, one 10.5# and one steelhead 6.54#. Lost number 4, a big king at the boat do to the negligence of my 1 man crew...me.

1st was the steelhead on a 8C in 131 fow,  with a uv blue dolphin, sog2.5, se course (144). 2nd was the 1st king on a DR 70 down, 50bk with a speckle dick uv meat rig in 125 fow and netminder SD, 2.5 sog, same course. 3rd was the largest king on a braided diver, set 3, back 130 with SD frog racer( it got hit by the 4th fish again) in 110 fow, with a uv green ice meat rig. What a night! All hits were between 7 and 8:30pm.

post-4038-14498788193122_thumb.jpg

post-4038-14498788193214_thumb.jpg

No flea issues on the braid?

Fleas were there, but about 75% less on the braid and alot easier to flick off. I wear gloves pulling in the line when I hand over hand net by myself with the braid. If I tangle the braid with a SD or other, I cut it and retie the snap swivel. It's to difficult to try and straighten it out. When I use mono I have a little plastic fork with smooth edges to flick off the feas.

I know the feeling. Morning bites were poor, but evening was much better. I did have one tangle last night, but it was when the fish twisted the braid somehow under the inside of the snap swivel on the dipsy. I lost about 15 minutes until I finally had to cut it apart. The 4th fish (king) hit at the same time and stayed hooked until I pulled it to the boat and bungled it. Also the launch ramps were really busy with the holiday boaters. The fog wasn't bad at all. You could see land and other boats easily.

Do you run a fish hawk on your boat? If you do how do you like it?

I run it on my bigger boat. I thing it's the best. It is an X4D, reads temp, depth and speed at ball. On the littleboat I use a small hand held fishawk attach it to a line with a 2-4 oz weight, send it to the bottom, let it settle out and then slowly crank it up. It reads temp every 5 feet. Then I decide how to fish.

Edited by littleboat