what size dipsey is everyone running, trying to get more bites on my dipseys and when reading reports I see the settings and feet back but have always wondered what is the main size diver used. I mainly use slide and the walker 124 size

Thanks

I use size 107 but make sure your leads from dypsy are far enough. I typically use leader as long as rod so you can still net the fish but regardless what size you use or setting they can mostly get to the same depth. right now fish are in the 50-60 deep range so when you buy the dypsy it should come with a depth range. I'm having good luck on a 3 setting 130-150 back again though I think the farther the lead the better but be careful it's not too long otherwise you will have to hand reel in line which can be more productive catching more fish but you can also lose them by doing that. Hope this helpspost-5539-14498788192451_thumb.jpg

post-5539-14498788192358_thumb.jpg

We run the 124mm as our low diver on a 1 setting and slide divers with the mag ring on the farthest setting out (6.5 for a slide diver) for our high divers. If there are high fish around we'll use the standard weight in the slide divers, but if we have to go deep to get them I'll switch over to the 7oz weight. All 4 of our divers are wire with the slide divers running on a 50ft section of 30lb mono attached to the end of the wire with an 80lb Spro swivel. The slide diver slides to a bead above a two way swivel which is follow by a 6ft leader of 20lb or 30lb fluoro to the bait, depending on if we're running spoons or flashers. I will still typically start with the standard 107 divers in the spring when targeting coho but once I switch over to the larger ones I typically don't change them out for the rest of the year.

I use to mostly run 124 or 107 Walkers, I added 7oz Ultimate Slide diver lite bites this year, and so far I really like them. They dive deep, release like a dream, and most of all I really like the ability to set the bait as far back from the diver as I want. Haven't forked out money yet for any wire rigs, I run everything on 50lb PP.