TEAM KICK'R MANISTEE, MI TOURNAMENT 5/22-24am

We made it into town late Thursday night around 1am after a long 4 hour ride. We caught a few hours of sleep then it was time to head to the ramp to launch the boat after a few wrong turns we were able to locate it and get the boat in the water just in time for the ladies tournament start. We headed straight out of Manistee where we heard of fish caught in recent days and set lines in 130 fow with 2 rods in the water the wire diver goes off my girlfriend grabs it and the girls get it in the boat it was a decent king on a white meat rig 180ft line out on counter. We then got the rest of the spread set up and couldn't get another bite so we pulled lines and ran south and set up in 150 fow same thing happens 2 rods in water and a wire diver goes off with another decent king on a white meat rig 200ft out on counter. We trolled the rest of the day with no other hits. We where pretty happy with our catch as we had never fished out of Manistee before we weighed our 2 kings for the ladies tournament but didn't place in the money. On Saturday we decided to set up south of Manistee in 150 fow where we had caught our 2nd fish on Friday and troll north. We couldn't buy a bite we tryed everything from 220-80 fow changed baits and bait depths speed and direction just couldn't get the fish we marked to bite we had the first skunk on the boat in a long time and it was all caught on camera as we were being filmed again for the 333 SALMON SHOWDOWN. Our main focus on Sunday was to just catch something to put us on the board but we where really hoping for 3 nice fish for the 333 but unfortunately that didn't happen. We set lines in 130 fow straight out of Manistee and trolled south. We did manage to get a decent steelhead on a orange spoon on a 3 color and a dragger king on a blue/green dolphin. Fishing seemed to be very tough for everyone. All in all we still had a great time and enjoyed the area even though we couldn't get the fish to cooperate this was our 6th tournament in a row and the last one until Holland in August unless we decide to do one in between. We are looking forward to doing some fun fishing around us as we have been traveling to so many different ports we have not been able to fish our home waters here in Indiana. Thanks to all of our sponsors for your support so far this season! Here are some pictures enjoy!

04d4382170db444576ba34999e00f4bd.jpg

c9527626770b7adf790b16c675780890.jpg

1b6d9a2ca8b90e80e597060bf55a71b2.jpg

c178c32fd8d8cfaf730fdcdd0eb887e9.jpg

3e97a3bca054722a9f93dcecf7089842.jpg

668eb760c2cf3addbc0ce8b840f651b8.jpg

2f15e04d0b354fa1934507cbe8f29d0c.jpg

396f40ddbeacb73df78c19bed62429b4.jpg

76434096cffadf42f834c38a7e040d99.jpg

1c313f17e38e0a55486b717facc9bf77.jpg

Must be something in the female genes. The ladies on your boat have about the same level of involvement as my wife does on ours. She's in the berth late into the trip, although I'll admit a drag is like an alarm to her and she gets up to net a fish anytime she hears a screaming drag.

Nice pics. Manistee is a very nice port.

Must be something in the female genes. The ladies on your boat have about the same level of involvement as my wife does on ours. She's in the berth late into the trip, although I'll admit a drag is like an alarm to her and she gets up to net a fish anytime she hears a screaming drag.

Nice pics. Manistee is a very nice port.

Haha the blonde is a seasoned veteran she is always ready but when you troll for hours on end with no hits not to mention sitting in the comfy bean bag chairs we where all ready to sleep and it was the brunettes first weekend of salmon fishing she was just enjoying the flat calm boat ride! I would have to agree with you Manistee is a very nice port city and we will definitely be visiting again hopefully with better results!