Started out watching the coast guard and sheriff work the end of the channel, not sure why. Hope all is ok. Rough, solid two with a few 3' out of the n w dictated a south troll in the 14'.

Had five when I turned to slog back in them. I spend a lot if time on the beach, more than most, and never had this before: four sheep and a quill back carp sucker. Two sheep over ten one pushing 13.

Trolled all the way back took a shot across the pier then went in front of the state park to turn and pull lines going with them. Poor man's auto pilot. Just got turned around fired s double with 1# and 3# browns.

Guess it had to be a south troll tonight.

Kevin u r the man. 14' boat in 3 footers. Nice job on the carp. But the persistence at beach fishing is really admirable. I have to say WELL DONE. But at age 69 I also have to say In my 30's I might have tried that but today, not happening. The FBD handle certainly fits. Great report, and great catch.

Training exercise with the coast guard.

The downwind troll was fine. Thought it would blow out before we had to slog back into them but no luck. Certainly killed the bite though.

Sheep are sheep but the pull harder than a three pound brown.