Fishing plugs on the Great Lakes video

Russ, I am kinda disappointed to not see good old RED HEAD in your video...

Your video did hit it on the head though, you put out the size 4 and it will slay fish and size 5 will ride all day and not take hits.

Our best plug ALL season was #4 red head on a 300 copper.

hey great tip on tying the bead chain plugs direct. I always see them floating in platte bay in the fall. Now i know why. do you have ploblems with line twist tying them direct. Guess you could just put an inline swivel up from the plug a ways.

hey great tip on tying the bead chain plugs direct. I always see them floating in platte bay in the fall. Now i know why. do you have ploblems with line twist tying them direct. Guess you could just put an inline swivel up from the plug a ways.

There is enough swivel in the bead chain to prevent this, this lure is not spinning like a spoon or flasher.

Russell, really enjoying the content you've been putting up this winter. I can't speak for others but thanks for helping to keep me sane while waiting for spring! Interesting you mentioned putting out a couple plugs first thing in the morning at any point during the year as we did this as well on about 75% of our morning trips this past summer and it worked great. A Green Lightning Ace High back 50ft on a downrigger in the top 40ft of the water column first thing in the morning was a great producer for us.