Well after a long hiatus it seams the fish are here and biting now. nice thermocline setup down 49 feet . Reports have improved from the dismal ones earlier this month. Took out my wife and son on the possibly last trip of the year for me, having hip surgery.

Setup in 75 fow heading NE with the boat being a mess as we were fishing shallow the last time out . Had my son set a 150 copper as he's putting it in the rod in the tree the boards rips out and down , 15lb king . Before we can reset that rod the starboard wire fires , no one home , 30 seconds later rigger fires with a nice coho. we worked in and out of the fog and strong currents on flat seas , fininshing 6 for 9 . having all of the hits on the dipseys come up missses. good hard hits but would not connect. had one 8lb coho hit while putting down a NBK spoon saw the hook on the graph come back to hit the spoon, really cool .

Fog rolled in really hard for the trip in , saw one guy headed for the beach with boards in tow , another banking to avoid the breakwall , would have been a good time to have radar.

Glad to see the fish turn on here, and they are silver, had a guy from the DNR taking heads at the cleaning shack, man he was busy today.

Tight lines ,fish are here and hungry. finally!

Nice report Jim. We've had fog problems quite a bit over here in Ludington too. Last nite the Reel People 33' Tiara went up on the north breakwall. Luckily, no one was hurt as far as I heard. That will be front page headlines w/pics. in tomorrows Lud. Daily News for sure. Great loss of fishing boat though.