Holland 7-26 & 7-27

Fished Saturday and Sunday mornings. Saturday was much better than Sunday bite wise.

On Saturday we fished the Dreamweaver Charity Tournament and went 4-7 (I think at least 5 were kings and maybe 1 steelie that got away. We fished from about 5 am until 10:30 am and found all of our bites a couple miles north of the piers in 90-110 fow with NW & NE trolls. Best speed was 2.5 mph at the ball. Thanks to Jeremy and Andrue for fishing with me.

Mag DW Green Skinny Jeans - 150 copper went 2 for 4.

Superslim jawbreaker on a 3 color took 2 fish.

We took another hit on a 200 copper with a DW standard size gold/copper colored spoon with UV tape.

Too bad I mentioned that we hadn't lost any fish after the first run - and promptly lost the next 2 fish after really them in halfway! The 4 fish we caught were kings with the big fish weighing in at 17.9 lbs.

On Sunday I went out with kid coulson and ended up having a really slow morning. Nothing from 6:30 to 10:30 in 60 to 120 fow. We decided to change things up running deep with my superslim fast program. That didn't work either but we did lose a big fish on the rigger down 90 ft in 200 fow on a rasberry dolphin. I was kicking myself because we started marking a lot of big fish down deep (from 100 feet to 150 feet down) but I left my meat rigs and all my flasher/flies at home. Though we were going home with my first real skunk of the year, but while pulling lines a nice steelhead hammered the slide diver setup as I was reeling it in. This fish hit a clarkspoon (east coast mackerel spoon) that was going maybe 8-10 mph on the retrieve. So we got the skunk out of the box last second!

I won't be fishing for the next little while - but hopefully good numbers of big kings will show up soon!

Until next time, tight lines everybody.

-JDH