Holland /Saugatuck 4-30/5-2/5-3

Wow, I love having time to fish again this season, I launched out of Saugatuck Wednesday evening with NO MO BEGGIN and headed north a couple miles and set up in 15 fow and trolled south to Oval Beach and back to just short of the piers. We finished the night with 8 browns, 2 released 1 small Steel Head and a Lake Trout. Best water was 12 to 15.

Friday I left the ramp at 8am with the Eliminator and my old friend Jeff.

I decided to run south and set up at the end of the south slide and troll south to Douglas point. We were pre-fishing for the WMFL. We started in 12 fow and found a few browns but mostly 1 to 3 lb fish. After we got nearly to the point we decided to sneak out a little deeper to see if we could find a few lakers to play around with, because we were batting 10 for 13 on browns. We fished the 30 to 60 range and found a few lakers but nothing of much size, but did pull 4 more browns in 40 to 60 fow."odd" We finished 16 for 20 with 14 browns, releasing 5 and 2 lakers. Most of the fish were in 8 to 12 fow, but the nicer fish were in 30 plus.

Today we got to the ramp and we were blessed with wind, we opted to wait till it got light to take off. So around 6:30 we launched the dog and got under way. I decided to head south again to get away from some of the traffic and start where we had on Friday, we set up and fished our way all the way down to the Saugatuck piers, we fished between 5 and 35 fow with 6 to 10 being the very best. After we got to Saugatuck we turned and fished all the way back to the north end of the slide, the north troll was were it was at for us. We finished the day going 16 for 20.

Today's catch was 4 Kings 2 nice ones and 2 shakers released, 11 Browns 8 kept 3 released hoping for a upgrade, 1 laker and 1 small steelhead.

And now for the important part.

Here it is.

_501952_thumb.jpg

These are

1. Blue Silver Red Rebel Fast Track
  2. Black and Silver Rebel Fast Track
  3. J-9 Rapala Org. Gold
  4. I'm not sure of the name of this yet, I'm calling it Caramel Kato Reg. size Silver Streak.
  5. Mag Lemon Berry Silver Streak.

_759923_thumb.jpg

1. Copper Greasy Chicken wing
  2. Smurfet
  3. Gold Acid Rain
  4. Copper mixed Veggie
  5. Copper Skittles
  6. Copper back Margaretta

Best by far were the 2 colors

_990401_thumb.jpg

Wednesday

_491903_thumb.jpg

Friday

_718297_thumb.jpg

_895048_thumb.jpg

_286667_thumb.jpg

Today , not sure were we ended up in the standing for the WMFL, but congrats to all that showed up to fish today, it was a lot of fun as always.:thumb: