A First For Me

EdB

Had to get up and get out on the ice today. First time I've ever ice fished in south central Michigan on April 1st.

20140401_085424_zpsk4rayi6y.jpg

20140401_085341_zpsggowu7tm.jpg

Documented for posterity, hope this never happens again for the rest of my life!

I wish this had been an April Fools Day post. At least it was in the upper 50s yesterday and is to be above 45 for the rest of the week. Maybe we are over the hump and we are done with freezing daytime temps until next December.

I wish this had been an April Fools Day post. At least it was in the upper 50s yesterday and is to be above 45 for the rest of the week. Maybe we are over the hump and we are done with freezing daytime temps until next December.

I really hope so i am so over this winter.

Lemons out of lemonade! If it's here, and it's safe....heck yeah! When I was out Sunday on inland lake in Livingston county, it didn't take long for me to realize that even with 12" of ice, it just wasn't GOOD / SAFE ice. I was catching fish, and as the sun rose and warmed the day, the crackling was enough for me to say.....THAT'S IT......IT'S OVER FOR ME!

Not happy with today here in mid-Michigan today -- barely going to get above freezing and we have freezing rain -- especially after being without power for 8 days in December due to freezing rain. 45 on Tuesday, 55 yesterday, 32 today and the weather man says 40+ through the weekend -- but we all know how accurate those forecasts are (see previous thread post :)). Come on spring. I want to go fishing and mow some grass.