Saginaw River 12/27

Finally made it out to chase after walleye. Time hasn't been something I have a lot of, so when asked to join a few friends on the river, it worked!

Hit the ice about 3 pm near Indy Bridge area, drilled holes from 5fow to the edge of the channel in 17fow. Hole hopped for a bit with little interest from the fish, finally settled in 14fow with fish under me. I had limited action, throwing back 3 fish (1 of which may have been legal, but don't need to keep fish that small) and missing a handful of other bites. Ice was 3-5" thick where we fished. Started with moonshine spoon and a white do-jigger. They didn't seem to want to play so I started going thru the box. I had the most activity on a clearance lure I bought at Gander on clearance last year, it was blue and silver with sparkles. The fish would come flying up off the bottom, but I couldn't get them to commit to bite.

Even though I didn't bring any meat home, it was still a fun time with a couple of buddies. We capped off the trip with a visit to Hooters in Bay City. A burger and a brew after our time on the ice hit the spot.

I have been following posts about the river and the bay, and as always, if you venture out on either, take your time, use your head and be safe. Heard of 6" here, and 1" there. Predicted for some really cold weather in the forecast so things should shape up nicely after yesterday's mid 40* temps in Genesee County area.

Tight lines