Props to Humminbird (cust service)

Well, I do bad mouth stuff from time to time, BUT I also give cred when its due also. The not so good is the cheap plastic mounting base that goes against the transom for my HB 798 snapped in half. I dont think I hit anything, I just think it couldn't handle the pressure at speed especially when tight turning and hot dogging around. So,... that banging,knocking sound wasn't the motor(thank God), it was my transducer skipping across the water and bouncing off everything at the back end of the boat! Well trying to buy another one kinda sux. It only comes in a "kit" for around 17-20 bucks plus shipping. Heck I only needed the one little piece!! Also, this must be a somewhat common problem because a lot of places are back ordered. My boat only does 38-40 mph so I cant imagine what a bass boat going 60+ must be doing to these brackets!!

Well I sent a email to HBird and much to my surprise they sent me a complete kit and paid for the ride (FedEx). Although they made it clear this is a one time only deal, I am quite pleased. Ive had this unit for over a year and although the bracket is cheap plastic they didn't really have to do anything for me. So the kid will give them a thumbs up this time.:thumb: