Holland 8/24 fishing report

Launched around 10:00 with my wife and kids armed for perch and salmon. Looped the pier head twice with nothing (caught 4 last week doing that). Started to run south in search of yellow-bellies in 30-35 and had a couple marks on the graph so we decided to drop there. Turned out that after an hour, having a break for lunch due to 3 out of 4 perch rods disabled (Thanks kids and anchor) then another 20 minutes we ended with 66 perch. Nobody around us for at least 1/2 mile fishing.

Then proceded to head out to 90 and within 10 minutes had a rigger rod bouncing, wouldn't release so I reeled it up while my 6 year old reeled the rod, after I released it I realized we had a hoggish fish on but wouldn't fight much. Turned out to be just over a 15lb laker on a big white paddle/fly 75 down on a 1 core SWR. Had another slight dragging fight on a 300 cu with bloody nose chrome j-plug but then that was it.

Cleaned fish and my wife skinned part of the time in just over 90 minutes. Great day with the kiddos though! Hoping to get pictures up quickly.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/5/0/8/0/2013-08-24_16-52-10_906.jpg' alt='2013-08-24_16-52-10_906.jpg'>

Here are my kiddos sporting part of the catch. Ethan is 4, Gavin is 6, Paige is 2. They are naturals on that boat.