I Took dad on his first driftboat trip down the Salmon River today. What a day we had on the river with Troy from High Adventure. The weather was awesome and fish even cooperated today. I can't remember the final tally, but I think we were 3 or 4 for 10 or some where around there. There was some traffic today so we worked the first spot pretty good and it paid off with 1 landed and at least 3 others hooked. I was lucky to land the biggest so far this season on Troy's boat. A big buck, taped out at 35" and weighed 15lbs on the boga grip. Dad was hooked up at the same time but he ended up losing it right before Troy could slide the net under it. That fish looked to be about the same size but it was a female. We worked our way down river and took or hooked fish in some other holes along the way. Dad's fish was 7lbs on the boga and the last one I have a pic of was 8lb on the boga. I also caught a couple Atlantic smolts that are in the river but they were not counted for the tally. It was a great day, great company and awesome weather and fish that even cooperated. We kept asking ourselves if it was really January 4th. I hope you like the pics, sorry about the long post. Good Luck.

101_0984.jpg

101_0986.jpg

101_0988.jpg

Rich

Nice job Rich! Looks like the water flow has stabilized recently after being at 1800cfs all fall. With the warm winter we've had (no skiing for me!!), it looks like I might need to make a run up for some chrome!

Bill

Billy,

The crowds have been pretty bad with the warm weather. The water came back up yesterday after the rain so maybe it will thin out again. I am going to try Oswego sometime real soon. The browns should be in the harbor and the steelies are up river, if it drops down a little more I will get after them. How is the boat shopping going? We had dinner with Toni and Werner last night. Thanks for compliments, dad is still smiling and grumbling about the big one he lost. good Luck if anyone gets out. I saw the coasties drive by the plant today in their RIB.

Rich

How's Werner doing? We've been emailing a little bit back and forth lately...he's been a big help with autopilots and such. As for boats, I'm getting real, real close to pulling the trigger on another Penn Yan. What a process trying to find the right boat is. I completely lucked into the one I have now...just happened to walk by it in Henderson Harbor one windy day.

I might try and get up there next weekend for some fishin'. If I do, I'll be sure to report.

Billy,

Shoot me a pm and if I can I might be able to meet up with you, I am supposed to be off next weekend. Werner and Toni are doing great, they were working on the house this weekend. Good Luck with the hunt just get it surveyed, I know you know that but just a reminder. Talk to you later.

Rich