I need some HELP

My grandson Alex (now 10) was trolling for walleye with my son Mike on Houghton Lake in 2011. Alex caught a 24" Smallie with one of my homemade purple smile blade harnesses. My son netted the fish after it made at least six jumps with one of my homemade bouncers in tow. My son got a recommendation for a Houghton Lake area taxidermist from one of the tackle shops there. My son took the fish and harness to the recommended guy and gave him a deposit of $50. Long story short the guy is now in TX and the fish and $$$ ?????? I would like to have a replica of the fish made with a duplicate harness worked in. This would be Alex's Christmas or Birthday gift depending on the time frame. I'm going to try and make this right for my grandson. The fish alone was a spectacular event in Alex's life, and the fact that he caught it on one of my harnesses made it even more special to him. It was sure a let down when he found out the trophy was gone. I was having bad thoughts of this questionable individual but have since forgiven him because I don't know what may be going on in his world. Any recommendations would be appreciated. My son is going to email the pics to me and as soon as he does I'll post them. Thanks in advance.

I have a friend that does taxidermy up in Newaygo, has done fish for my children and me and also deer, he is one of the best around and also a great family guy. His name is Ray Burrows and his # is 1-231-250-1679 Tell him Jeff Hoffius referred you, good luck

Sorry to hear about this Frank, but glad to see how your handling it. I'd a...

An old business partners of Willy's has a brother that ran a guide service out of Canada and had a guide/taxidermist working for him (some 3-5+ plus yrs. ago). He has done a walleye and a lm. bass for Cam and touched up and fixed a lot of our old mounts...but specializes in walleye and reproductions if I am not mistaken. If you would like I can ask Willy and try to get the contact info. for you and find out if he is still even around. Good Luck