6/29/2013 Saginaw Bay Eyes

Two new members for the Over The Hill Gang. Allan S, Larry O, Marty, and I toughed it out for a 4 man limit. Big Purple homemade Smile blade was our best producers. We had Chartreuse, Glow, Orange, that also took some fish. 30-35 FOW BB and harness suspended and deep @ 1.5 MP. The fish were lethargic and somewhat fussy. Rough conditions kept me on the helm a lot. Trolling with and into 3s and 4s is not an easy job. I broke off two boards, one was dropped overboard, and another shook loose. We chased down and recovered 4 boards. I seldom chase that many in a whole season of fishing and I fish a lot. It would have been an extremely costly trip had we not been able to get the boards back. My big screen Toughbook Computer GPS Chartploter led us right back to everyone of them. The fish were all full of Mayflies and you had to be on top of your game to even notice their lethargic hits. By the time the trip ended the team was starting to click. Running 10-12 lines is a big learning experience for guys that never did it before. They would all be welcome back and would be at ease with the set up the next trip.

dsc00395_a.jpg