Old cannon mag10's

When I bought the boat, it came with 2 older cannon mag 10's. They have the auto stop so they can't be too old but I was wondering if anyone has broken one of these apart? This year one of them can barely pull the 10 pound ball up (not to mention trying a 12lb balll) and the other is noticeably getting slower. Is it possible to clean the brushes and stuff of the motor? I see the motors run about $200 and seem to be hard to find so I sure would rather try to clean them up.

Thanks for the help.

When I bought the boat, it came with 2 older cannon mag 10's. They have the auto stop so they can't be too old but I was wondering if anyone has broken one of these apart? This year one of them can barely pull the 10 pound ball up (not to mention trying a 12lb balll) and the other is noticeably getting slower. Is it possible to clean the brushes and stuff of the motor? I see the motors run about $200 and seem to be hard to find so I sure would rather try to clean them up.

Thanks for the help.

I have the same issues with the set of old Digitrol II that I started with.

they struggle with 12# balls and last summer I tried a couple 15# balls and they flipped me off and tripped the breaker :eek:.

does anyone know of any motor upgrades that could be made to a higher speed / high torque motor?