port sheldon hotels

sjk984

For camping, Holland State park is 9 miles straight south as is the Holland ramp and fish cleaning station. Link to Google map of Port Sheldon & Holland State Park.

Holland has almost all of the different hotel chains. Most are off US31 and it isn't too bad to get to either Port Sheldon or Holland ramps. Hopefully with all of the recent rain both will be fine for launching. With normal water levels Holland is much better suited to boats bigger than about 21'.

Link to map of Holland area hotels.

There is a small motel on 31 north of Pt. Sheldon Rd. but I can't remember the name of it. It's not as cheap as it used to be, or should be in my opinion. I think it's on the corner of Lake Michigan Drive. I'll try to find out. There is a campground south of Pt. Sheldon Rd. I have stayed there before and it's nothing special but not bad at all. It's called Drew's Country Camping.

The Courtesy Motel on the corner of 31 and M-45 is the only motel I can think of.

Honestly, for an out of towner I would recommend Grand Haven or Holland (even though I prefer to fish out of Pt. Sheldon). Much better places to stay. Even if you stayed closer to those 2 areas and were dead set on fishing Pt. Sheldon you can be at the launch in 20 minutes.