gonna give the steelhead a break this weekend heading to muskegon lake to try for some walleyes never tried for them threw the ice looking for advice on a couple go to lures to use many options out there dont want to buy the whole store to find somthing that works any advice would be great thanks

I have never fished Muskegon lake for them. However I do have some experience fishing walleye through the ice. I would start with a few lures that dart and a few that flutter. Everyone has there own favorite bait but I like rapalas and Swedish pimples. Cleo's and small spoons also work. Lead head jigs and a minnow can work great as well for a really cheap start. Here is a list of some of my top baits.

1. Blue and chrome rapala.

2. Clown rapala

3. Purple and yellow moonshine

4. Pink and chrome Swedish pimple

Hey crazy,

You might want to call ahead to a local bait shop as Muskegon Lake doesn't have good ice, at least in the usual walleye "hot spots".

Check out this link to the weekly local fishing report and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/02/fishing_report_muskegon-area_a.html#incart_river_default

I've heard they are getting some perch at the west end of the lake by the sand docks, but you may have to stay all day to get 20-30 keepers. I guess the ice is better in that part of the lake.

Good luck.