More Fly Questions

Plugs

I have a terrible memory especialy when it comes to flies for some reason. Wondering if there is an easy way to tell the difference between glow and UV. Is there a way on the boat in various light conditions (early morning - mid day) to pick one out vs. the other?

Thanks,

Shane

anything glow will glow once it is removed from a light source, UV will not. Dreamweaver has a UV flashlight you can use to determine if something is UV.

I have seen some arguments on the internet on whether a black light will truly show UV or not. I have zero knowledge to contribute on that subject and honestly dont really care enough to learn.

Thanks for the info guys.:) I have a couple of UV flashlights that we use to glow up everything on the boat, just never looked to see if the flies actually looked different while I was glowing em up. Usually the Golw ones are easy to identify, it's probably more to tell the difference between UV flies and standard (no glow - no UV). I will take a closer look at them tonight with a light.

Black light works. If something looks clear take it out in the sun you will get a blueish edge if its UV. Glow hold it out in the sunlight or under a light for a min then cup it or hold it in the dark some place. I will try and find a pic, BW

The stuff that lights up is the UV we mold in our bait heads, beads and bullet heads, this is what regular UV looks like under a black light. Fish can see UV we cant without help so they say, BW

100_6883.jpg

Edited by bigweenie
add pic