Rule Change poll

Change from a weigh 5 to a weigh 6  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Change from a weigh 5 to a weigh 6

• Keep it a weigh 5
    • Change to a weigh 6

Hi guys i wanted some input from the guys that have fished or plan on fishing with us.. we are thinking about changing to a weigh 6 instead of the weigh 5 so all the leagues have the same format, we are trying to come up with some sort of plan to have a contest or champion between all 3 leagues. I am adding a poll to decide if we want to change it, also please post your ideas for some sort of contest/champion

It was brought to my attention that we may have a guy fish solo so the weigh 6 wouldnt be to good for that guy :eek:

That would be cool however the distance between all 3 ports is a limiting factor. Also Each port fishes different at times during the season. When the WMFL went back to it's old points per fish status we adopted that with them increasing rod limit and going to a 6 fish weigh in which meant it had to be a team fishing tournament. The idea is like bowling or any other league format sport you have to have the same scoring system to be able to compare results. There are several sponsors that have expressed interest in having a multiple port contest but the only way to do it is have the same scoring system for all ports.

That would be cool however the distance between all 3 ports is a limiting factor. Also Each port fishes different at times during the season. When the WMFL went back to it's old points per fish status we adopted that with them increasing rod limit and going to a 6 fish weigh in which meant it had to be a team fishing tournament. The idea is like bowling or any other league format sport you have to have the same scoring system to be able to compare results. There are several sponsors that have expressed interest in having a multiple port contest but the only way to do it is have the same scoring system for all ports.

I agree that we have to have the same scoring system, I just don't see a way to compare results for a final if you have 7 events and we have 5 ( no way im doing 7 events), the only way we could compare would be per event and they should be around same time as well.. we all know the odds of bringing in a 6 15lb average box is going to be better in late August than it would be in early May so if we were to compare points on say a Big Weenie event all 3 BW events should be done around the same time not a month or so apart

How do you suggest we have the contest? I have been trying to come up with something that's going to be fair for everyone involved, if we could make something work like you guys did before with the battle of top boats in each league i think that would be the best but it's just tough with like you said the distance between us..

Well we only count the best 5 out of the seven so if every group has at least 5 events we can use total score for the 5 events. I really would not like it to be a one event contest since we both know that will favor one port. If we wanted we could even do a best 3 or 4 events total. You guys have better early fishing than us but our fall fishing starts before yours does so it is all open but we need to at least have similar scoring systems. I really can't come up with a handicap system like bowling. So it has to be straight across points total for multiple events. Last year I had a 140 point 6 fish box with big fish of the year in it and came in 6th in that event. So every port is going to have some strong boxes a bunch of strong scores will separate the good from the lucky. As for the 7 events Only a couple of us will fish all 7 if we are even able to get all 7 in weather wise.

As for the league battle it has been planned 2 years in a row and but has not yet been fished as weather did not work for us the first year and there was no WMFL teams last year so we moved ours back to Muskegon. When I say no WMFL team I mean they had not fished a tourney so there was no top boats to compare. The other issue would be picking a neutral port.