Cazniks Kalamozoo River Report

Fishing Times: 8:00am-1:00pm

River Conditions: High and a little muddy.

Fish: 1 Steelhead and a Small Walleye

Lures: Small Yellow Hot N Tot

Well started out being a great day fishing on the river first thing. In the morning we started at the bridge at Allegan and motored down stream. We went a long ways down before we turned around and started to troll back. Well Sarah C and I put on our lures we made the first cast of the day. As we started trolling back up stream, Sarah C yelled SNAG. It wasn't 5 minutes and he was allready snaged. I thought, ok lets go back and see if we can get it out. Soons I was thinking about turning around. I yelled FISH ON! Hot darn I have the first steely of the day. While Sarah C was getting his lure back I just remembered I forgot the fish net. Oh man now how are we going to get the fish. As I was fighting it, Rob (Sarah C) thought he get in the back of the boat to grab it by his hands. Man he about tiped us over when he happen to fall to the side of the boat. After about 10 minutes of the fight, Rob grab the fish out of the river and we had a nice 6lb. hen. Then later on I had another hit and caught a small walleye with the same hot n tot. The river conditiond was not the best in the world. It was kinda high and the water was very cloudy. We seen three other boats and they didn't have any fish. Probly be better Sunday to get your Lake Michigan boat ready for fishing than to fish the river.

Good luck fishing,

Caznik