Holland 9/2/12 am

Took three newbies out to experience lake michigan trolling. Noaa called for 1 foot or less, Wind at the ramp was howling offshore at 630, went anyways. Noaa is like freddy mac in toby keiths red solo cup: can kiss my @$$.

Speaking of red, the three kids and my buddy on board were all threatened by 'colorful' radio chatter from a loosely termed 'captain' from a red cuddy cabin that clearly had no idea how to drive a boat or any navigational rules. Thanks to the capt at yacht basin who was helpful on the amusing banter, beats scrubbing the deck.

Despite the verbal threats, near miss driveby and waves over the bow on an east troll, we still had fun for probably the last trip of the season for us, hockey time starting manana and hunting too.

What worked: trolled 50-135 FOW east/west troll, cold water was 56f at 60 fow, 47f at 65 down, fish hit at 75 fow.

Green/white paddle with glow back and pickled sunshine fly 65 down on rigger

9 color lead core with pearl glow j plug

270 copper with chrome n green 8" spinnie.

Kings are brown already,

Been a great season and maintained composure all season.

freezer is full, boat is in peak condition, ready for a deep clean.

Pulled in several fish with good fishin buddies and introduced more to the life on the big pond.

Also pulled in two grateful boats this year and didnt need to use my US Boat tow insurance on myself. All Rewarding experiences, pay it forward, all of the above is priceless!

Guy ran 25 mph all the way up to the channel this morning, towing a tube, right past the coast guard and sheriff at their dock not doing their job - all three boats tied up at noon on Labor Day? 100 boats all going 5 mph and you have to weave through them, there's your sign......

Guy ran 25 mph all the way up to the channel this morning, towing a tube, right past the coast guard and sheriff at their dock not doing their job - all three boats tied up at noon on Labor Day? 100 boats all going 5 mph and you have to weave through them, there's your sign......

Wish I could have seen it.