Thank goodness I have a great boss. I saw how beautiful it was out while sitting in my office and asked if I could scoot out of work early for some fishing, and he willingly allowed it!

What a beautiful day on the lake, if only the fish were more active! I only had two hits all day, but at least they were two good ones. Water temp leaving the harbor was 80 degrees, and out at 100 feet it was still 78 at the surface. WARM!!!

5:30 pm lines set in 85 foot.

First hit on a NW troll in 100' of water on the 300' 45lb Cu with some sort of nbk spoon I believe. Ended up being this big slob. My personal best greaser. Weighed out at 14lb 6oz.

big_laker_upload.jpg

Then it went quiet again until 8:00pm. I maintained my NW troll and got this nice king in 130' of water on my rigger set 100' down. He hit my standard size double orange crush spoon on my free slider. 2nd time ever running sliders and it has already paid off!

nice_king_upload.jpg

And that was it. I did speak with another boat at the launch. The three of them tried water from 60-90 feet and went 0-1.

Another beautiful Lake Michigan Sunset.

sunset_upload.jpg

Warm water and a full moon does not make for real active fish. Just remember its coming and soon. The Kings I got last weekend were definitely getting close to having mature spawn. I got about 4lbs of really good stuff that will be used for winter fishing. Gonna take this weekend off and hit it hard the last 2 weekends of the month.