Sign in to follow this  
todd.v

cheboygan report 7-14&15

sat morn fish was hook up unfreindly going 5 for like 12. threw the #5 fish back in too small. ended up with 2 kings and 2 steelhead all on spoons except for one steel on a dipsey spinnie fly. halfcores and riggers and sliders were fireing just could not keep them buttoned up.

Sunday was better going 12 for sixteen tossing 2 back to grow up. 2 kings 6 steel and 2 lakers for the limit of 2 guys. That was my first limit at cheboygan so pretty happy. the riggers were hot with sliders a close second. hadd a few on the cores and a couple on snap weights. dipsey was dead. all silver streak spoons.

what color spoons are working lately i live in harbor beach and i am alomost done fishing walleye in saginaw bay and will be bringing my boats back up here to salmon fish. I caught a few coho and lakers, and a couple kings up here just messing around, on silver streak spoons in orange crush, orange chilly willy, and blue dolphin if i was gonna buy more spoons which would be the best to get.

I pretty much use only silver streak. I have had great luck with them. all the old standbys catch fish. this years blue line has stood out for me along with cherry surprise, panty ho and flamin chicken. I have been runnin mags low and standards high.

Good luck Todd