3 Bucks

GLF

Looks like I have 3 different bucks hanging around :D

The first one looks like a LUCKY buck. Notice the sore behind his front shoulder? Looks like someone almost got him. He is a 6 point with no brow tines.

cdy0001xk3.jpg

cdy0003qn1.jpg

The second one looks to be a six point also(fork horn plus brow tines).

cdy0013vl1.jpg

The 3rd one is a decent 8 point with heavy main beams. He was in my back yard this morning at 7:15 :P

cdy0012jo2.jpg

cdy0014xf6.jpg

Notice the first and 3rd buck have similar racks? Similar gene pool is what I am guessing.

I have seen one around the last 2 years that is a lot BIGGER than the last buck :D

I am no expert at judging deer but I would say that you have a pretty good gene pool in your area Mike. All three of those deer look young to me, 2.5 year olds I would guess. Still nice deer in my book though.:)

Good luck on the harvesting of one of them.:grin:

I was going to work on the boat tomorrow after work.

Things have changed all of a sudden. I saw the GRAND DADDY of bucks out back tonight. I will be moving a stand for tomorrow nights hunt. I think he is bedding in the thicket to the East of our house. I watched him going through the hard woods from the thicket at 5:10 pm. I know what run he is using. I am hopping the wind will be right for the stand. I could really use a South/Southeast wind.

My fingers are crossed, I hoping the wind will be right, and he takes the same route tomorrow night.

I just checked the marine near shore forecast.

TUESDAY

SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT

CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET

LATE IN THE DAY.

TUESDAY NIGHT

SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY.

WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.

These winds will work, providing it is not swirling.

I am no expert at judging deer but I would say that you have a pretty good gene pool in your area Mike. All three of those deer look young to me, 2.5 year olds I would guess. Still nice deer in my book though.:)

Good luck on the harvesting of one of them.:grin:

"Another misconception is that you can tell the age of a buck by the size of its antlers. This simply is not true. The only real indicator of age is the calcium deposits located in a deer's mouth, called the teeth."

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/deer/aging/