First trip of the year. I was debating Friday night on the sanity of a Sat morning trip. I checked the mid lake bouy report drop wave height steady throughout the night and early morning. After waiting for the heavy rain to clear out we fished from 6 until 1. Started setting in 80ft trolled South south east mostly. We found most all of our action between 100 an 120.

Ended up tying the 2 dipsey and the 2 lead cores all together on the first fish of the year while trying to buck the waves and wind. Glad to get that mess out of the way.:eek: Gotta have one ugly tangle per year. Also found out how slow I am on the first trip of the year, every thing took 3 times longer... lots of rust build up over the winter.

What worked...

7 color flounder pounder took 3 kings 12, 11 and 5 lbs and a rainbow 9ish lbs

5 color monogolian beef took 2 small cohos, it was too lumpy out there to tell if they were on, so they got dragged around for a while.

Down rigger 60 back and 75 deep with green 8" flasher and a green fly took several hit but the would not stick, end up loosing the biggest fish of the day on that one (high teens low 20 king I assume). All 4 lost fish on that set up.

Dipsey out 165 set on 3 with a brads cut bait and matching dodger took a small ho.

Other Dipsy was fairly quite so I threw on a mag NBK. Got the violent strike but no one was home??

But the star of the day was the big white paddle with a Big Weenie poofster fly. 1 laker 6 lbs and 2 big kings. 40 out and 95 feet down most of the day.

First time running the Flounder pounder, monoglian beef, the big white dodger and the big weenie fly. all worked very well.

I have to sing the praises of the double hook set up on the Big weenies' flies. All the fish caught had both hooks buired deep. No way any of those fish were getting off. Very Impressive !! :thumb::thumb::thumb: I have a new favorite fly brand !!!!

End up with a 2 man limit going 10 for 14 and couple of drivebys.

Over all a get day to be out. :cool: