St Joe 4-1 Whackfest

EdB

Live from the boat. Need 2 more to go, got some nice.kings inside 40-50 ft.of water out front

More to come when i get home.

Edited by EdB

Oops, fixed the date. Here are some pics:

img_20120401_094043_923118.jpg

img_20120401_152336.jpg

We started outside of the pack beyond the muddy water and in the green water in front of the piers and trolled north in 45 to 50 ft of water. Had a steady pic for 3-1/2 miles, didn't fight the boats and got some nice kings. We turned and headed back for the pier heads but still stayed on the outside of the pack. Seemed to be more small fish directly in front of the piers and bigger fish to the north. We released 7 small fish today and had a few dinks in the box that were hooked too bad and got all the small ones near the piers. The better kings were to the north. We got back near the piers on a south troll and had 18 fish in the cooler. Made a turn north finished our limit quickly.

Our best for kings was a streak mag green dolphin on a 30 ft rigger and on a full core. A mag SS chili pepper on a 7 color. A green and chrome thin fin was best on the coho's clean on a board back 75 ft. We had a dw mixed veggie spoons go good both on hi divers out 60, lows out 50. A streak sister sledge was also good on a rigger down 25. A half core and jelly bean stinger took a few. The fish were snapping and I don't think spoon colors mattered that much. Good luck if you can get out this week!

Looks like that lady angler has the biggest smile too, good for her.

Yes, we let her catch most of them. She's my buddies daughter and been fishing with us she was was 5 years old. Breanne is 22 now.