You guys are gonna laugh at this one...

UBDSLO1

Or not.:D

I have a 17 ft. Smoker Craft and a stink bug stance Dodge Ram for my boat towing duties. The past few years, I've towed with my soft tonnoue(sp) cover off and the tailgate open, to see the trailer better when backing up to the ramp. I should say when the cover was on, I couldn't see the tralier at all, when backing up. Last fall I bought a hard cover never thinking about the boat trailer.

Fast forward to this spring, as I'm prepping the boat I remember about the trailer. Crap! I start looking on-line and thru catalogs, but as I'm on a budget, I don't want to spend a c-note on tralier post guide ons.

Today I had the boat out of the garage, rigging rods, etc. I get a bright idea and think why not use a "fiberglass driveway marker". The side trailer bunk guides are treated 2 by's with carpet on them. I take a utility knife, slice a small X into the carpet, pull it back, drill a small hole the same diameter as the driveway marker, and insert into the bunk. Worked like a charm, didn't cost me anything, and now I can see the trailer when backing up!!! laugh away, I did! Thanks for reading!

Oh, the markers are removed during transport...