Made it out tonight a little after 4:30 right after the rain stopped. Started in 100 FOW heading west. Started out very slow. Was running paddles and spinnies deep on my one good rigger and the divers (marked lots of fish 80 to bottom). Couldn't get anything going. Finally took a hit on a glow Firedog JP slammer on the 5 color lead. My little brother lost that one when the steelie jumped a 50ft behind the boat. Then we didn't get anything for a long time. Finally moved the spread up a little to 60 to 70. Got a nice steelhead on the 7 color with a purple and yellow silverstreak. Then we got a king on the high diver pulling a frog SD and it-l-do yogurt fly 180ft back. Then right before sunset we got into a school of bait and hit a double while changing to the glow setup. Lost both of them but one was on a Silverstreak Hot Lobster 57 down on the rigger and also on the low diver with a flounder pounder moonshine. While resetting the rigger I felt another fish hit while attaching the slider and my brother got that one in the boat. Finished 3 for 6. Most was on south to north troll at 2.7 mph. Also got to overhear some great tips from Don of Tangled Mess charters at the fish cleaning station though I don't know if I'm at liberty to discuss them :lol:.

Thanks for the report Ben. Don't

be stingy on the tips I/we need all the help we can get. I went 0 for 0 last time out. Anyway, if Don is his name from Tangled Mess he is a very nice guy. He actually cleaned my fish for me once this summer when the cleaning station was packed.

Thanks again.

Dave

Dave, I agree Don's a great guy and he's given me lots of tips. I just thought I see what he had to say before I started repeating everything I heard him say. One thing I don't think he'd mind me telling is that small spoons are the way to go as we get further into fall. I was still using mostly mags last night so that got me thinking on what would have happened if I had run some minis.

Ken,

What use is a boat if you are not going to use it? :) But really, I've been out more times this year than I have in the last 4 combined. Part of it was being able to go out in a lot more "iffy" conditions (When the fish were in the channel a month ago and there were steady 4-5 fters, I would never had risked it in the tin can) Part of it was just loving fishing and maybe skipping some other things to make it work to go. Also helps when I live close to the lake and can make it out for a few hours after work in the evenings.

Nice move on asking about the sharing info. We stumbled into a school in 12' on Labor Day weekend that no one knew about. Told one guy, he appreantly got on the phone, went out there the next morning and there were 3-4 boats working that spot. I think he got the hint after repeated calls for info never got answered.