Opening Day of Bow Season

huntingfool43

Well I couldn't make it out in the am but went in the afternoon. Left home about 2:30 for the hour drive to my dad's place. On the way I saw 3 differnt deer already feeding, figured I was in trouble. Got to dad's and chated with him for a few and headed out. Spooked 2 does in the neighbors bean feild on the way out. Some $%%$ had taken down my ladder stand that I had there since last year. Didn't steal it, just layed it on the ground. Well the rachet strap was gone so I decided to just sit on the ground in a spot I have sat at several times just down from the ladder stand. I am getting set up, making sure no branches or brush in the way and I notice a branch that is tied back out of the way. Further checking and there is my rachet strap, they used it to tie the branches back. Not only did they take down my stand but set in my ground spot as well. Well I set down with my back to the fence and about 6:00 I had 3 turkeys come out in front of me. They worked their way out in the beans about 40 yards and one of them started clucking. Next thing I know there are a dozen of them right in front of me about 20 yards feeding. Well the feed off to the right and went through the fence row onto the neighbors. That was it for the night. Great to be out in the woods again.

Ya Steve,

I seen 10 does and no horns Sunday morning. I also seen alot of turkeys and 3 yotes. About 9:30am I had two fawns that was right under my tree stand and man are they little. They are the ones that I seen that day I checked out my tree stands. The mother was was with them two. It was pretty cool watching that mother with her fawns. She kept pushing them with her nose and then soons they got about 20 yards the little ones started getting milk from her. Sure wish I had a camera to show everyone. Looks like we will not be shooting any does till late season there because of the fawns.

Hope they can make it,

Rich