Port Sheldon 8/31 PM

Took a friend of my dad's fishing who has never before fished on the big lake. Late start but the water was real nice. Out to 70' to set lines: Fullcore 150' w/ Lemon Ice, 1/2 core with ??? spoon, DD mono at 2.5 out 145'. At around 100' depth I feel a hit so I give it to my dad's friend to reel in.

As I turn around to make sure the boat in going straigth, he gets to the Walley Board, and keeps reeling. I know this becuase I ear a line break and look and there is the board in the water floating away:eek:. I turn the boat around and go after the board and fish. I get it and have to retie it. With that done I still let him reel it in & landed an 8lb king. :banana:

During this little experience the boat turns and the 1/2 core gets caught in the prop and I cant dislodge it so I have to break it.:shout: As I'm retieing this line, the DR (110 fow, 73' down 20'back with green/blue fly on Spin Doctor) goes off and we land a nice Coho. Glad that we did not loose anything, I consider myself blessed and head in.

He had fun, I have a good story, we caught fish so everyone wins. :thumb: