Was pretty pumped to get out this morning and had everything ready to go by 5:45 but when I went to launch, something had drained my battery. So, after much early morning type brain sessions we finally made our way out using my truck battery. Needless to say we were a bit out of sorts as I couldn't really get the Fish Hawk and GPS both up and rolling and we didn't get lines down until just after 7:30. Anyway, enough of the whining session.

Started our troll in 90 FOW, SSE. Took a nice hit on DD with Miami Dolphin, 135 back in 82 FOW, fought him to about 20 ft from the boat and he spit it. After that I remembered that one of the 3 hooks broke off on our bumpy ride out and I told myself I was going to change the spoon as I have more than one MD, but I didn't, and I was ticked to say the least as he felt very much like the 12-15 lb range.(Sorry, I guess I wasn't done whining). After fighting the flies(and they were crazy bad today), we took a nice little 3-4lb king in 90 FOW, PB, copper 225 back with Flounder Pounder, first big lake fish for my buddy that was with me. Picked up lines at 9:45.

1 for 2 was better than I expected after the messy way we started, but overall a little bit of a let down, better than a skunk!!

They weren't too bad at all. They were 2 ft swells so we rode them just fine and I only have a 16.5 footer. I guess the wind is suppposed to pick up as the day goes on though. Also, don't let the channel fool ya. It was crazy rough in the channel and the lake was nice.

eyecracker,

you did about the same as us but we fished longer,we ended up 2 for 2 with the king in the 21-22 pound range(biggest this year) 73fow orange ladder back ,rigger 20 down,8 pound steelhead on 4 color also on orange.

Most boats were around the pier heads but dont know how they were doing.

we were fishing out of musk

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Did you mark any fish in close?

We didn't mark a lot close but on our way in, a couple told us they had been doing really good shallow, just outside the piers, probably close to bubbler. There were 2 boats perch fishing in 30 and another one was going out as we came in.