Sorry for the late post, but here it is:

Fished Friday night 8/25 out of S. Haven. We got on the lake later than I wanted, but choose to wait for a little thunder shower to scoot north of us.

Set lines in 70fow north of the pier at about 6:30pm on a 2.4mph(gps) west troll. We got to 80fow and the first rigger went off, white lyman plug set 65' down. After a nice long fight, fish threw the lure. 0-1. We turned back East after getting a dead graph in the 95fow area and got another hit very near the same waypoint. It was the same rigger running the white lyman plug 65' down and landed a nice first king; guessing around the 10lb mark. After the second hit, I set another white lyman on the other rigger down 55'. We worked that same waypoint and ended the night 4-7 with the biggest fish just shy of 17lbs. All but one of our hits were on riggers 65' and 55' down with white lyman plugs. The only other hit came on a blue/green/silver spoon.

Saturday am, got on the lake at about 5:30am. We worked the same waypoint with the white lyman plugs once again giving us the majority of the hits. The guys at the ramp were telling me to run flies, flies, and more flies. I did and could not get them to hit with any color/spinny/flasher combo I tried. Chalk it up to me being a lousy fly fisherman because some folks on the radio were getting flies hitting. We finished the morning fishing 80fow north of the piers using east/west trolls a not-so-great 3-6. Two hits came on a black and silver glow spoon 55' down on the rigger. Everything else came off white lyman lures either running 65' down on rigger or 155' back on a dipsy set to 1.5. The largest Saturday morning was about 15lbs with the other two visibily just slightly smaller in size.

We lost a lot of fish this weekend, but only one broke me off. The fish would jump and the lure would go the other way. If I'm going to loose the fish, I'd just assume keep the lure it hit!