Monday April 11th – Yankee Report

We knew going into the morning that weather was creeping upon us from the South West. It was only a matter of time before Gail force winds and thunder boomers (according to the weather man), but we needed to get a few hours of fishing in at the very least. We pulled away from the dock about 6:30am and figured we would run the same troll as the day before. Well, we found out quickly that the mud from the Genesee River got pushed down it’s Western shoreline. We trolled for a few hours in that milk chocolate until we reached Long Pond where it started to green up. Once we found the green water the fish began snapping.

Today’s spread was a simple Brown Trout, or a typical April fishing spread, consisting of 6-8 lines off the planer boards and 2 riggers. We ran bright stuff on one side and natural stuff on the other. Again, today it didn’t matter. They ate both! We ran our lines from 125-175’ back on the boards and 40-60’ back on the riggers. That Stinger Sea Sick Waddler was HOT again today on the rigger down 4’ back 40’. It took our second biggest fish of the day!

Braddock point was the key area. I think the warm water getting pushed out of that bay from the South winds put the fish right on that point, and every pass 3-4 rods would fire. With about 2 hours of fishing left the board on the shoreline side of the boat’s furthest line out, and furthest line back, takes a hit. It was a J7 GFR ran back 175’. I could tell it was a good one, but I wasn’t ready for what came swimming by the boat 20 minutes later. My eyes about popped out of my skull when this thing hit the deck of the new Trojan. I called it a mid-teens fish, but at the end of the day on an official scale it weighed 16 pounds and 11 ounces. Our second largest Brown Trout ever, and one that made our customers mouth drop! On our last pass of the day we took our second largest fish on the Stinger Sea Sick Waddler weighing in around 12 pounds, which was a great end to a perfect day!

2011-04-11_10-08-37_796.jpg

2011-04-11_13-23-16_17.jpg

2011-04-11_13-23-52_537.jpg

2011-04-11_14-19-55_523.jpg