Lexington docks

Was in Lexington tonight for dinner and went down to the harbor. One dock is in! Decided to run up to Port Sanilac, but they haven't put any docks in yet. Hoping they will soon! See ya on the water next weekend!

Hopefully they will put in Sanilac docks this week. Watched the harbor cam for a little bit yesterday morning and saw 2 boats go out. One looked like it was heading toward Cherry Creek. Gotta put my riggers, mast, and electronics back in the boat. Batteries are all charged and ready to put in, hook up the hoses and put plugs back in, test fire and we should be ready for next weekend. Do you think they will put all the docks in straight this year????

Did go to Pt. Huron yesterday am. The 12th st docks are in, black river is free of ice. Went down to the wall, a few guys fishing, one had a nice whitefish. St. Clair river was clear on the US side, some ice floes were going downriver on the Canadian side with the help of the winds pushing them to the other side. Water was real clear and could see bottom near the wall. Went to Andersons and there were several guys that came in to get minnows and were heading to the wall. Joel said there have been some nice fish taken from the wall recently.

I have faith they'll get those docks in straight! I hope.... Funny how a couple days changes everything. I was down in Port Huron Thursday and decided to go down to the river and it was full of flows. I see there is still quite a bit ice on the Canadian side. I drove lakeshore all the way up to Lexington to head home and once I hit the high banks and could see out far enough, there was a lot of ice over there. I hope the winds stay out of the west and keeps it over there! We've got our batteries charged but we'd like to make sure the temps are going to stay up because we have an inboard. As long as we don't get a real hard freeze for a couple days in a row we'll be ok but I'd be nervous if it stayed cold for a while after pulling the boat out of the water. Probably really nothing to worry about, but better safe than sorry. Blocks are too expensive!