Who Here Moves Ports with the Fish???

Hey guys,

So today my wife and I made it down to the Tinley Park show (nice event), met HondaCat and then went looking for the famed Pastrick Marina.

Now I have a 17fter that I keep up in Winthrop Harbor but have been told that the coho bite in southern Lake Michigan is outstanding in the next few months. Some have suggested it would be a good idea to trailer my boat down that way and fish there for the first couple of months until the fish make it up to the Waukegan / North Point area.

My questions begin here.....it seems like the most direct way to get down to the Pastrick area would be down the Skyway but that becomes pretty costly. Therefore, I'm not sure if it really become viable for me to make the run south. What do you guys think?

Secondly, unless you know the area, there are some not so great looking spots when attempting to get to Pastrick. What might be some good options for me to consider?

Also do any of you know a place to keep the boat overnight or for a weekend instead of constantly trailering the boat back and forth to winthrop Harbor?

In the end, I'm just trying to figuing out if fishing the sourthern end is really something worthwhile for me or if it will end up being more of a hassle.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

I follow the fish all year long but don't stay in any port too long and always trailer. My year starts at the Brown Blast the first week of April in St Joe. Then I move over to Erie for the reef jig bite and Brest bay trolling bite til mid May. Head back to St Joe the third week of May for the a competition BBQ and fishing event then to Port Sheldon the next 3 weeks. Back to Erie for the rest of June through the 4th. Then back to Port Sheldon, Muskegon, White Lake until the second week of Sept when I head to LSC for the perch bite. Boat gets put away at the end of Oct.