Garmin Tr-1 Gold

Fished on a friend of a friends boat last summer who ran the Tr-1 gold on his kicker for trolling. He loved it and after fishing the weekend I really took to it also. Seemed to handle rough conditions well and was easy to use. I am thinking about adding one to my boat this year but would like to get some more input from the guys on this forum. Do you have any negatives (other than the price) to deter me from getting one? Also it seems that a limited number of retailers carry these. Anybody know where I can get the best deal?

I got one one our 27ft baha and it handles great. You can adjust the correction time to dial it into your boat and rough conditions. It's on a 15 horse long shaft and I would say it is good up to 4 plus footers. Last year it was holding a course into 30mph winds one day. So I wouldn't expect much more out of any unit.

I got one one our 27ft baha and it handles great. You can adjust the correction time to dial it into your boat and rough conditions. It's on a 15 horse long shaft and I would say it is good up to 4 plus footers. Last year it was holding a course into 30mph winds one day. So I wouldn't expect much more out of any unit.

thats what i like to hear,i have one on its way:thumb: