I made it out 8/14 with Hitman Charters. Hitman Charters runs out of Grand Haven, Michigan. I booked the trip back in April and was going out with Mike(from the site), and a group of guys from work. The marine forecast was 3-5' waves building to 4-6' waves. Not a problem. The Hitman is a 31' Tiara open and is made for fishing in these conditions.

MVC-015F.JPG

We left the dock at 5:30 and headed out the channel. We passed a small boat in the channel that had turned around and was heading back in. We were the first charter boat out of Grand Haven on the lake that morning. We hit the pier heads and the waves were more like 4-8'. At 8 knots we headed West for deeper water. After an up and down ride out to 195' Captain Chip shut the boat down and Captain Jon(Hitman on this site) went to work on setting the rods at the back of the boat. We picked up a couple of small fish, and turned the boat back toward shallower water in search of bigger kings. Once we hit 160 FOW, the rods started firing. We continued to work 160-120 FOW for the rest of the day and ended up 12 for some wheres around 20. I lost track.

MVC-009F_181525.JPG

MVC-010F_981511.JPG

MVC-012F_170951.JPG

Our hot baits were an Oceana fly by Rapture Trolling Flies, and Michigan Stinger spoons. There was not one hot color as we caught several fish on many different colors. Any spoon that had blue took a rip.

Captan Jon does an outstanding job working the back of the boat. He had his work cut out for him in the 4-8' ers. I was very impressed.

If you are looking to book a charter, I would highly recommend Hitman Charters. Captain Chip and Captain Jon will show you a GREAT time and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for a GREAT time Captain Chip and Captain Jon!