I honestly am not sure how to deal with that. While I know it was only a minor issue one of the agreements I made with the parks and recreation dept and the Harbor Master to use the launch and pavilion which are under separate control sort of was that we could not allow boats to tie up at the launch. It was one of the reasons I went with Dockers and the launch as a backup. The problem was Dockers expected us to hold the tourney indoors and it was a hassle to get the stuff down to the dock for Patty so we could weigh in. Dockers was expecting 40 to 60 possible customers in return for the use of their dock which should have happened but did not. Because of that they stopped holding dock space and we had to move to the launch. Personally I have no intention of enforcing the dock rule and it could be removed. I have a couple of other options but they would drive the entry fees up to cover the cost. My reason for adding the rule was to show the City we are addressing a issue while minor that is one of their concerns with us using the launch. Also guys feel free to make comments as we have not had a meeting to finalize the rules so far we have written up a couple of rough drafts this is the second one. I have no firm date on when we will have the final rules but would suspect sometime around the 1st of Mar will be our cutoff for changes so we have time to get the website corrected and ready and to print fliers. The point is maintain a fun event that is low cost and that everyone feels like they have a chance to have fun and win.

Frank Bill fishes with just his son most of the time so pretty tough for him to drop a guy off. The problem is there is only 4 lanes at the launch and we had at least 2 of them tied up more than once. I am sure Don and the other guys will all read this and we can come up with a solution that everyone can live with. One of the big things we want is to work with guys who slip their boats. Fishermen"s Landing would be better but it is at the other end of the lake and for me and a lot of guys it is another 8 to 10 gal of boat gas per event.

• 3 weeks later...
Jim,

we had a good time fishing the tournaments last year. I read the rules you posted for next year and i am ok with any rules you make. I do have a problem with this rule:

"No slipping boats at the launch if you use a slip you must make arrangements to take care of your boat and be on time."

We had no issues that i know of last year being tied to the dock for 30 minutes during weigh in. i slip on the opposite side of the lake which is a 20 minutes by vehicle (and 20 back). I dont think i will participate this year unless this rule is re-worded.

Bill

Hey Bill just sent Don a draft to look over if he is ok with it will have a vote soon and make it final for the rules "No slipping boats at the launch" has been removed only mention of slips is that if you use one you must make arrangements to be on time. So our official stance on boat parking is we are not in charge of it or responsible for it.

Rules and dates are posted

The Battle of the Leagues will be a fun event Don and Ken and Myself need to work out a few details. But nothing major other than the possibility of boats fishing in both events Which I think could be done provided we all agree on the rules. My thought is any boat wishing to fish both contests must abide by the lesser of the rule differences. So that they are in compliance with both sets of rules. Correct me if I missed anything but here are the differences I see.

Start times Anyone fishing in the MSCST will stage at the Pier heads at 6 am

Rod limits if you are fishing the WMFL you will fish by their rod limits which are 8 rods max.

Stop times anyone fishing WMFL will pull lines by noon.

Weigh in we will try and do weigh in next to the WMFL so everyone can see what is going on however remember we weigh 6 fish and the WMFL weigh's 5 so anyone wanting to try and fish both will have to remember which weigh in line they are in.

Finally keep in mind this message has not been approved by either the WMFL or the MSCST tourney committee it is just a suggestion I thought of this morning. I put it up for comments or suggestions.