Humminbird help needed

sjk984

I recently purchased a new unit for my boat. It refuse to read any depth. It has been back to bird 2 times and they have been very good with the service but they sent it back both times with a note that it works fine an the repair center.

Today this what I did to trouble shoot the unit myself to no avail.

To make sure it was not an interferance problem I sat on a dock with a 12v battery and the unit and trans ducer.

No differance

To make sure it was not a transdeucer issue I had an extra TD that I purchased for another mount.

No differance

To check the connections at the base I took the mount apart and held the power and TD plugs in place by hand.

No diifferance.

Is their something else I should be tring before I have to call them again and explain that maybe I'm just to stupid for humminbird.

Thanks Steve:confused:

Sorry Steve thats the best I can think of, maybe get hold of Humminbird and find out what they are doing different, there must be a work order number to try and track it down. I've had bird's for the last 10 years and they've never let me down. Good luck.

Tom

I just did today now they say it was the transducer but they have already sent a spare that did not work and the other one I bought did not work. I have installed a garmin for a finder now but I kinda want the bird to work after the cash I spent on it.

Thanks

It may be a setting issue. First off make sure your using the latest software. If you need help with this let me know. Secondly, do a factory reset on the settings. When you have restored the settings back to the original settings turn your settings to these:

Switchfire ON

Surface clutter 3

Dual 83/200

Water type Saltwater Deep

The setting that may be giving you the blank screen is the bottom ducer setting. Switch those up and see if that helps your issue.