2010 Marquette Bay Classic

Daybreak

2010 SSFA Marquette Bay Classic Start time 6a.m. on Saturday, September 11th, 2010

--Fishing Classes: Catch and Keep Salmon and Trout, and Live Release Salmon and Trout (You may enter all 4 classes for one entry fee)

--Rank will be determined by the TOTAL weight of the 6 largest fish in a class, per team, or total weight of ALL live release catches. A team may enter all 4 classes however classes MAY NOT be combined. ONLY 6 Fish per class per team will be weighed. DONT bring more then 6 fish per class to the weigh-in. Its up to you to select your 6 largest fish to be weighed.

--Live Release MAY NOT bring in more than the legal Michigan Limit for their boat at one time. (20 fish max)

--Teams of 1-4 anglers per boat. Boat fee per team is $125.00

--Tournament waters are inside of a line extending North from Laughing Whitefish Point, and East from Big Bay.

--ALL boats MUST leave from the Presque Isle Marina/Launch, Cinder Pond Marina/Launch, the Fish dock, or Association dock.

--ALL boats MUST be inspected by a tournament offical BEFORE leaving the dock or you will be disqualified.

--Starting time is 6a.m. on Saturday. Boats MUST remain inside the breakwalls until the flare has been shot at 6a.m. and the tournament officals make the call on VHF channel 68. If you leave early, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

--Channell 68 is monitered by tournament officals all day

--Weigh-in will start at 6:15a.m. All fish must be certified fresh or live by an official at the weigh-in. ALL decisions made by the officials are final.

--ALL boats MUST be inside the end of the Lower Harbor wall by 3p.m. SHARP or you WILL be disqualified. A tournament offical will be posted there to make the call.

--Boats MUST come to the weigh-in to drop off their cooler BEFORE going to their dock. Drop off at least 1 team member and your catch, then get in line to weigh it. Any boat that does not drop a cooler at the wall BEFORE going to their dock will be disqualified. Coolers that are carried up to the weigh-in will NOT be accepted.

--All Michigan fishing regulations apply during the tournament

--There is no minimum age, however, minors must fish with an adult.

--All members of a team must fish in the same boat.

--ALL fish MUST be taken within the tourny waters as described above.

--Steelhead, Brown Trout, and Coasters may ONLY be used in the TROUT class. A Salmon is a Salmon, a Trout is a Trout. Period.

-Captains Meeting: Friday, September 10th at 7p.m. at Marquette Mountain Ski Area. AT LEAST 1 MEMBER FROM EVERY TEAM MUST ATTEND THE MEETING.

--Alternete Date...Posting of a small craft warning by the NWS will result in the tournament being rescheduled for Sunday, Sept. 12th. Forcast conditions will be announced at the Captains Meeting. Anyone not wishing to fish on the alternate date will recieve a full refund of the entry fee. If the weather turns bad during the tourney, the officals have the right to cancel the tourney at any time. If at least 3 hours have been fished, the tourney will be considered completed.

John

I will not be making it again this year. We were still in the hospital last year for the tourney....and this year i will be at my daughters first birthday party. Her birthday is the 10th and momma decided to have the party on the 11th this year and i assume we will have it on Saturday the 10th next year which will be the day of the tournament. I guess i will see you in 2012:eek:

John

I will not be making it again this year. We were still in the hospital last year for the tourney....and this year i will be at my daughters first birthday party. Her birthday is the 10th and momma decided to have the party on the 11th this year and i assume we will have it on Saturday the 10th next year which will be the day of the tournament. I guess i will see you in 2012:eek:

Brom, You'll have that lil one setting lines by 2012. :lol: Love them kids.

Nothing more important than family and that little ones birthday is more than justification for not going.

My grandsons birthday is Nov. 14......we missed the opener for deer hunting on his first and second birthday.....now we take him with us.