Manistee Aug 21 Tangle Factor

We took Pat’s son Riley and friends Brian and Glenn out on Lake Michigan today out of Manistee. We got a late start after a good breakfast. We set lines around 1:00 pm @ the 28 line. Trolled to the east and when the port rigger pulling a meat rig went off. Riley was up to the fight. Then the starboard wire pulling a meat rig went Brian jumped on that. Nice start double right out of the gate. Brian gets his in a 9 lb king. Riley still fighting and lands a 12 lb king. Here is Pats son Riley with his king.

dscf0247.jpg

Later Glenn landed another king on (guess what) the meat rig on the wire. We had another hit on the meat rig rigger. That fish managed to take out the high diver and wrap itself in the starboard down rigger wire. It broke off. A little while later when we pulled up that rigger the fish and all of the hardware were still wrapped in the cable. It came off as we raised it up. It would have been nice to have that.

The wind picked up and the waves got big. We decided it was time to call it a day around 6:00 pm. We went 3 for 4 today. We will hit it again tomorrow.

GJ, I tried to get out about 6pm and the waves were too big for my little boat. The bigger boat has to sit another year :( Tried Manistee Lake and the river but came u with a big zero.

Heard some good reports from famiy and friends that there are a few in the lower BM. I'll be back up there over the holiday to try again.