Haven't been out since last weekend boat was in the shop , to have warranty items repaired,(still has to go back).Told the wife I would take her out for a fish fry But I wanted to fish also . so went took a trip up river to Riptides . After dinner we went out for just under an hour. Was able to try out my new depth raider, what a difference . SOG 3.1 to 3.6 speed at the ball 2.1 -2.2 , had no idea my baits were running that slow. It made a difference too 3 fish in the box in about 50 min. 2 were back to back.Largest one about 15lbs, and used planer boat as a bobber again.My wife and daughter just came along for the ride, didn't want to fish so we cut it short . Russ thanks for the help with the Depth raider, this thing works great. Hope to be back out tomorrow, suppost to be flat again, can only hope .Finished 3 for 3 on a short trip. 50ft of water down 40 ft water was 47-49 degrees. Surface temps were running about 67-69.

Tight Lines

Jim

m_dscn5348.jpg

nice job jim! you will love the depth raider and it should increase your catches. sometimes its hard to vbelieve what the baits are actually doing down there!

i have a kinda half-a.. plan to take the boat up to brew city on tuesday. you'll have to let me know if you're gonna be around.

The weather is going to be good for the week , I am going to be out on monday right now but I will let you know if I will be out the rest of the week. I have promised my wife that I would not fish alone out there so if my son backs out I'll be stuck , but that does't happen too often. He usually gives in and gets the bigger fish. By the way do you know any of the guys on the West Allis Fire Department? My Brother in law is the battalion Chief.

Hope to see ya this week .

Jim