Mike's Eye Flies N II DEEP

Field Test of Eyes Flies

I like the looks of the flies, seam to be built well and colors ok. not sure of the hook setup with the double hooks, when I run them again I going to switch them over to a standard. I have yet to take a fish or even a hit on these flies. I have had other flies in the water at the same time and have had hits, and fish in the boat. I thank the good folks of eye flies for the oppurtinity to test their product. I have had these in the water twice now and will continue to give them a try. see below the pictures for more details of each trip.

fish_002.jpg

fish_001.jpg

Boat: N II DEEP

Times out and ran. twice

1. Pentwater, Michigan June 26 Late Afternoon

2. Holland, Michigan July 17 - PM

Pentwater, condition started rough 2-3 and waves built 4-5, ran both setups along with two other fly flasher combo, 2 inline planners on full core, and 2 riggers.

fished for 4 hours not a single hit on anything.

it was a late start this day due to a trailer flat on the way up, storms the night before and early am may have also played a factor in the condition of the lake, it was rough. was not able to get back out on Sunday due to a flight out to AZ.

Holland - a much better trip out. went 2-5 on a night fish. the two in the box come off plugs on full copper setups. 2 dispy went off, but not on these flies, was running a similar paddle on the other side of the boat, it went off, and a blue paddle went off, the other release was a 11" white paddle down deep on a rigger. marked alot of fish this night and with 3 getting off.

both trips we targeted the 85 to 120 fow. running the bottom third of the water column.

would I buy these flies - if I walked into a bait shop and picked a couple up to try yes, but unless they start hooking up fish I'll stick to the two I have from the test.