port sheldon 7-26-10 night FUN

Well, we started out to the boat to do some "fixn".

Nav light on the front was out Sunday morning and for soem reason my bilge didn't work when we got back to the dock on Sunday afternoon.

So, the nav light was easy - bulb was out.

AND the bilge was easy - fuse was blown.

So, we went out fishn.

Ended up with two fishes in about 45 minutes in 120-130fow on the riggers 65 down. UV 11" flasher with a wrecked em fly. Missed a third on a full core with a double glow ace high plug.

THEN the fun started.

Tangled the dipsey into the downrigger trying to drop it down to the bottom in 130fow after we marked some big kings belly on the bottow.

Dropped the planner board on the full core and had to turn around to get that (20 minute turn).

10 minutes later out of no where the boat just QUITS.:eek:

That is not a good feeling.

SO, we shut all the electronics down to save battery, pulled the riggers up by hand (did I mention 130fow fishing a 15 lb ball on the bottom).

After about 15-20 minutes and a phone call to the wife to get the number from my new policy for Boat US towing, we were ready to try the engine one more time.

Opened the engine cover to give it a breath without the blower fan sucking juice, and BINGO. It's ALIVE:thumb:. Not wanting to risk it, we said 2 fish is good enough and headed back in.

Talked to my mechanic and he said that I am the 4th boat he has had this year with vapor lock. High humidity and no breeze on the water and problems creep up. I tell ya, I didn't like it one bit.

All in all though, 2 fish in 45 minutes on a very flat lake with my dad and good buddy and we made it back to the dock safe, fixed two problems for the cost of a fuse and a bulb. NOT BAD.

Glad you shared your story, sorry it had to happen..sounds like you were off to a stellar start and to top it off a flat lake for once....good job and glad you guys made it back..maybe we'll cath up with you this coming weekend.. take care, Bob...

About 2 weeks ago my son and I were out in front of the main gap , and just like you , out of nowhere the motor just quits, didn't want to start either, 4 lead core out 2 riggers . finally start the motor and 2 minutes later 2 of the lead cores are screaming cus they are stuck on the bottom on zebra muscles. tangle 3 rods 2 lead and a rigger . what a mess . I do believe we had a stinky black and white puttycat on the boat that day.