SLOOOOOOOOOW was the word of the day. We set up in 100', trolled out to 190', back in to 60', back out to 135', and then trolled in to 100' where we pulled lines and headed in. Went 1 for 1 or 2 taking a 7 pound king on a Blue Dolphin on a full core in 105' toward sun set. My crew claimed that an SWR 60' down with a Caramel Dolphin bounced a few times but I never saw it. There was cold water all over up there but hardly marked a fish until sundown. Shelley did catch her first fish of the year, and first ever on a full core, so that was good. But my sister didn't get a chance at a fish on her first time out. She did enjoy the boat ride though. Talked to Sixshooter and Tadpole while we were out there. I won't give you their reports but will tell you they had fewer fish than us:) I'm on the shelf for the next 4-6 weeks so I hope you guys have a good summer. I'll post a few picks we got later.

I heard you one the radio last night. I thought you would be in Holland or Port Sheldon. Glad you got the one, hopefully your sister will be back again and you'll get her hooked into a few next time.

Oh yeah, a little tip for you guys. When we were coming in the channel was packed full of alewives and their was cold water in tight. Might want to give the skinny water and river plume a shot if you head out in the next day or two.

We ran all the way up to white lake out of muskegon mostly because i thought there might be some fish up there but also becouse i had some first timers on the boat that wanted to go for a ride, and considering that we put in at fishermans landing that was quite a ride.

water we worked.....all of it! 250 to 75

things that worked......nothing! we threw everything in the boat in the lake and trolled for close to 5 hours without a single knock off.

water on the surface was a pretty consistand 57 and 65 down it was 42

my riders had a good time they loved the lake and enjoyed the ride so it was all good just wish i could have put them on some fish.

It was the first time i have got my wife out on the big lake she has always said that she would hate it that she would get sick that she would be to board just about any other reason you could think of. she never stops surprising me she said she had a great time and said she would like to do it again real soon........WOW

Nick sorry to hear your not gonna be around for awhile but im sure you'll be back at it soon enough.

This was my sister's first time out on the big lake too, and she had fun. Here are a few pics:

Shelley with our catch

dscn0579.jpg

Sunset

dscn0581.jpg

And if you look real close you can see the Half Dozen trolling in the sunset

dscn0585.jpg