water in gas

having problems with my boat spitting and cutin in and out found some water in my water seperator so i hav eput 2 cans of seafom in the tank and that helped so i put 2 more cans in and filled it up with gas and that seem to fix it so i took it took the lake and it ran great for a wile then it satrted to do the same thing but not as bad .got home and found a little bit of water in the filter so iam wonder am i going to be able to get the water by running it out or should i add some more seafoam or am i going to siphon all the gas out to cur e the problem

Water is heavier than gas and will settle to the bottom of your tank, I'd wait a day or two then, I'd put a hose in the tank and start siphoning, if you get water keep siphoning till you get gas then stop. Are your fuel filters clean? Just a thought, I had a similar problem and ended up changing and cleaning all my lines and changing the vacuum line from the carb back to the fuel pump, then fresh gas and it ran like a top after that. This was on a I/O. Good Luck.

Tom

Phil, Good advice above. The Seafoam is a great product. If the fuel hose is original CHANGE IT. They can look great from the outside but the new alcohol fuel eats the old lines from the inside out. Small particles of rubber can plug filters and carburetors. A deteriorating fuel line can also be hazardous.

Sometimes it's tough to diagnose intermittent problems. On my old boat we chased a bad cylinder around for a while before realizing the spark plug was cracked. At least you got good news Phil!